The "Faceplate Designer Wizard" was designed to make configuring the faceplate frame easier. If frames are created with it, then you no longer need to create them manually (as described in the Online Help.
The wizard is not integrated in the user interface of WinCC.
The "FaceplateDesigner.exe" file for starting the "Faceplate Designer Wizards" is on the second PCS7 Toolset CD in the path "<DRIVE>:\FaceplateDesignerWizard\..". Copy the "FaceplateDesignerWizard" folder into the Siemens directory. From there you can then start the wizard.
Procedure for configuring the frame pictures for a faceplate:
- Open the required OS project.
- Start the wizard by starting the "FaceplateDesigner.exe" file in the NT Explorer. (The connection between project and Faceplate Designer Wizard is set up automatically.)
- Select the block for which the necessary frames/pictures are to be created. (Type -e.g. Valve). The types that are offered here automatically for selection are derived from the structure types available in the OS project. This means that you can also use this wizard to generate frames for blocks you have created yourself.
- Deselect the views not needed (e.g. Limits and Trend)
- With "Generate" the pictures are generated automatically.
Then you can configure the elements for the faceplates in the various views of the pictures (e.g. @PG_VALVE_STANDARD.PDL).
Configuration notes, Display driver block