The SIMATIC ET 200SP is the universal Scalable Peripheral system with IP20 protection. Its wide application area includes standard machine building and high-speed applications, right up to plant construction.
Basically, the system consists of the following components:
· Interface Module (IM) for connection to PROFINET. The field bus is connected via Bus Adapters (BA), for which the connection technique can be selected in line with the requirements of the application.
· Server Module, to terminate the station.
· BaseUnit (BU) serves to electrically and mechanically interconnect the modules of a ET 200SP station. The user-friendly push-in terminals can be wired without any tools.
· I/O modules, which determine the function of the module at the terminals. The I/O modules are subdivided into different types. These are each identified by a type specific colored square symbol printed on the front of the module.
- Digital input (DI), color: white
- Digital output (DQ), color: black
- Analog input (AI), color: light blue
- Analog output (AQ), color: dark blue
· Accessories (optional)
- Label strips and reference identification labels for individual inscription via thermal printer.
- Color-coding labels to identifiy of the voltage of the plugged-in I/O modules.
- Shield connector for fast and low-impedance connection of cable shields.
||IM155-6PN ST incl. BA 2x RJ45|
||DI 8x 24VDC ST|
||DI 16x 24VDC ST|
||DQ 4x 24VDC/2A ST|
||DQ 8x 24VDC/0,5A ST|
||DQ 16x 24VDC/0,5A ST|
||AI 4x I 2-/4-wire ST|
||AI 4x U/I 2-wire ST|
||AI 4x RTD/TC 2-/3-/4-wire HF|
||AQ 4x U/I ST|
||BaseUnit type A0, BU15-P16+A0+2B|
||BaseUnit type A0, BU15-P16+A0+2D|
||BaseUnit type A0, BU15-P16+A10+2B|
||BaseUnit type A0, BU15-P16+A10+2D|
||BaseUnit type A1, BU15-P16+A0+2B/T|
||BaseUnit type A1, BU15-P16+A0+2D/T|
||BaseUnit type A1, BU15-P16+A0+12B/T|
||BaseUnit type A1, BU15-P16+A0+12D/T|
||10 color coding labels, color code CC01|
||10 color coding labels, color code CC02|
||10 color coding labels, color code CC03|
||10 color coding labels, color code CC71|
||10 color coding labels, color code CC72|
||10 color coding labels, color code CC73|
||10 color coding labels, color code CC74|
||5 BU cover, 15mm|
||500 inscription strips on a roll, light gray|
||160 reference identification labels|
||5 shield connectors|
· Reduced variety of types
Wherever technically possible and economically sensible, functions have been merged into one component or into the system. This has resulted in a reduction of the number of types and parts and will decrease stock holding. Examples here are:
- The functions of the existing SIMATIC ET 200S PM-E DC24V power module for forming individual load groups (indication and diagnostics of the load voltage, filtering, inverse-polarity protection, etc.) have been integrated into the I/O system. This will result in significant space and cost savings especially in the case of multichannel digital outputs and output modules with a high aggregate current.
The power module also falls away as stock item.
- Combination of measuring ranges with analog modules. With SIMATIC ET 200SP the measuring ranges for current and voltage, as well as RTD and TC are combined in one module. This has reduced the number of versions from 7 to 4.
· Reduced space requirements
- Overall width
The priority with space optimization was to reduce the footprint and in particular the station width.
The footprint was mainly reduced by doubling the number of channels per module. Due to the integration of the power module in the system, the station width is additionally reduced by one slot for each required load group.
Further savings are achieved by the reduction of the width of individual components, e.g of the interface module.
Due to the newly designed connectors, the required height for the terminals could be decreased by 64% and the overall height of the system thus significantly reduced, even with double the number of terminals. In spite of the enormous space reduction of the terminal board, the user friendliness has been decisively improved without restricting the permitted range of the terminal cross-sections. The range is from 0.14sqmm to 2.5sqmm, same as with SIMATIC ET 200S.
The mounting depth compared to SIMATIC ET 200S remains unchanged at below 76mm, i.e. suitable for mounting in standard 80mm terminal boxes or bus housings.
· Enhanced system performance
- Internally, the ET 200SP system is designed for a maximum data rate of 100MBit/s with a minimum adjustable cycle time of 31.25µs. These data correspond to the highest PROFINET performance according to specification V2.3.
- ET 200SP is the first I/O system to automatically and without any configuration synchronize the internal communication cycle to the adjusted PROFINET bus clock rate. This significantly reduces undesirable fluctuations in the response and ensures more accurate positioning or closed-loop control, for instance.
· User friendliness
The user friendliness sets new standards for distributed I/O systems.
- Push-in terminals
The spring-loaded terminals have been changed from cage strain spring to push-in technique. SIMATIC ET 200SP is the first to use the specially developed generation of push-in terminals with the following benefits:
§ Quick single-handed wiring requiring no tools
§ Opening for the wire and spring opener next to one another instead of above one another
o Small grid dimensions, 64% less mounting height
o Better allocation from opener to wire
o Improved accessibility when wired, because the spring opener is not covered by the wire on top of it
§ Extremly low push-in force required, even very small cross sections can be inserted without tool
§ High extraction resistance, because the spring stems itself against the conductor
§ Spring opener for standard screwdrivers with a blade width of up to 3.5mm
§ Wire end ferrules with insulation sleeves up to 8mm or 12mm length can be used
§ Self-holding test taps, so that multi-point measurements are also possible
§ Ex-e certified => very high mechanical resilience
- Labeling and color identification
SIMATIC ET 200SP offers an informative labeling and coloring concept for early error avoidance during assembly, wiring and urgent servicing. In this way the system supports both a cost-optimized manufacturing process of machines and equipment, as well as quick fault localization and thus shorter production stops in the case of a fault. The front of an I/O module with associated BaseUnit has the following informative labeling:
Labels from the factory
§ Inscription with module type, function class, order number, as well as hard and firmware version
§ 2D Matrix code with order and serial number for quality management in switchboard building, by automatic set-actual comparison of a configuration and for compilation of a final-user database of the components
§ Connection diagram for quick and faultfree replacement of the connected units
§ Color coding of the module type (DI, DQ; AI, etc.)
§ Group-by group color identification of the spring openers for better orientation in the terminal board
§ Label strips for individual printing
§ Module-specific color identification of the terminals to indicate the voltage levels. Depends on the I/O module used
§ Plug-in reference identification label for Bus Adapter, I/O module and BaseUnit.
· New and enhanced functionality
(Support depends on the function class of the module)
The diagnostic options of the overall system have been enhanced. The digital modules of the function class "Standard" already provide wire break and short-circuit diagnostics. A uniform LED indication concept for all components simplifies monitoring of the system.
§ DIAG LED (green/red) to indicate the current operating status of the I/O module.
§ Status LEDs (green) indicate the current status of a channel or a function; in the case of analog modules the status LED indicates the active channels.
§ Channel error LED (red) indicates an identified channel error.
§ PWR LED (green) indicates the correct voltage supply of the I/O module.
- Interface modules
The interface modules offer the following new functions
§ Startup with gaps
§ Variable Fieldbus connection via BusAdapter
§ "Reset to factory" via bushbutton (on the rear side of the IM)
§ Dynamic parameter changing during operation
§ Extended configuration control via user program (option handling)
§ Firmware update for interface, I/O and server modules for function adding w/o module replacement
§ Electronic type label (I&M data) for each module
The following limiting values apply to the IM155-6PN Standard interface module:
· I/O modules: max. 32
· Address area: max. 256Byte
Simatic ET 200SP can be configured with various engineering tools:
· TIA Portal version V11 and higher
Configuration integrated via Hardware Support Package (HSP) or alternatively
Configuration via GSD file
· STEP 7 V5.5
Configuration via GSD file
· Other engineering tools
Configuration via GSD file
At the time of delivery release a new version of the SIMATIC Selection Tool will become available which will enable quick and very simple configuration plus the generation of a parts list.
The documentation for ET 200SP is modular and consists of various documents which guide the user, provide reference information, or describe the functions independently of the product. At the time of delivery release the documents will be available in German and English. Chinese, Italian, Frech and Spanish will follow approx. 4 weeks later.
The ET 200SP documentation comprises the following documents (see table below):
● ET 200SP System manual (contains all the information which is valid for the whole system)
● Instruction manuals with the relevant descriptions of the modules (IM, BaseUnits and I/O modules)
● Function manuals dealing with specific topics (general assembly guidelines, analog value processing, etc.)
Furthermore, the information system in the TIA Portal (online help system) can also provide support with configuration and programming of your ET 200SP system.
|ET 200SP User Manual
||Download at entry ID|
(incl. Bus Adapter and Accessories)
|Digital input modules
|Digital output modules
|Analog input modules
|Analog output modules
Internet website for SIMATIC ET 200SP with general information: http://www.siemens.com/et200
More information on ET200S is available on the Internet at www.siemens.com/ET200SP, or you can conatct your SIMATIC partner at your local Siemens office (Siemens Partners on the Internet).