Especially for the commissioning of PROFINET networks, there is the need to record or review the data traffic in order to be able to narrow the range of problems that might occur.
Or, as a manufacuter, you are developping a device for PROFINET and require a tool to support data recording.
With SIMATIC netPROFI, you have a powerful and free software available for diagnostics of PROFINET. By means of SIMATIC NET CP1616 and a TAP (Test Access Point), you are able to analyze the entire data traffic in PROFINET networks.
SIMATIC netPROFI provides the following functions:
- High performance:
Hard disc recording of all Ethernet telegrams of a 100 MBit full duplex bus system with highest bus load.
- ONLINE display of the entire bus load and individual protocols.
- ONLINE analysis and ONLINE statistics of Ethernet protocols with focus on PROFINET.
- ONLINE display of important Ethernet and PROFINET events as well as critical states, such as alarms or protocol overload conditions.
- Automatic formatting of ONLINE information to provide a better overview.
- Powerful ONLINE filter.
- 10 nsec hardware timestamp.
- OFFLINE analysis is possible by means of the open source tool Wireshark.
- Decoding of PROFINET protocols and all frequently used Ethernet protocols.
- Absolute time stamp (year, month, ... usec, nsec) to reference external events.
- Project files and profiles for convenient storage of configurations.
To be able to optimally apply SIMATIC netPROFI you require as follows:
- PC with 1 free PCI slot and at least 512 MByte RAM
- one SIMATIC NET CP 1616 (4 ports)
- 1 or 2 TAPs (Test Access Point)
- Windows XP Professional (SP1 or newer version)
|Content of the Downloads
Analysis of PROFINET communication with SIMATIC netPROFI
|Tool SIMATIC netPROFI
|Busmonitor Amprolyzer V3.2 - diagnostic software for PROFIBUS
||Entry ID: 18818699|
Notes regarding Security
The functions and solutions described in this article are mainly limited to the realization of the automation task. In addition, please note that suitable security measures in compliance with the applicable Industrial Security standards must be taken if your system is interconnected with other parts of the plant, the company network or the Internet. More information can be found under Entry ID 50203404.