The Totally Integrated Automation Portal (TIA Portal) forms the work environment for integrated engineering with SIMATIC STEP 7 and SIMATIC WinCC.
In this first part of the SIMATIC TIA Portal service training, we teach you the handling of the TIA Portal, basic knowledge about the structure of the SIMATIC S7 automation system, configuration and parameterization of hardware, and the basics of programming. You also receive an overview of HMI, PROFINET IO, and connecting drives. You will learn to diagnose and clear simple hardware faults and software errors. You will thus be capable of reducing downtimes in your plant.
You can deepen your theoretical knowledge with numerous practical exercises on a TIA system model. This consists of a SIMATIC S7-300 automation system, ET200 distributed I/O, Touch Panel, drive, and a belt model.
After attending the course, you can do the following:
- Understand the fundamentals of interaction of the TIA components
- Reliably operate the "TIA Portal" engineering platform
- Understand, change, and expand small STEP 7 programs
- Configure, parameterize, and exchange SIMATIC S7 modules
- Diagnose and fix simple hardware faults using the wiring test
- Diagnose and fix simple program errors using the status block
- Perform simple commissioning of TIA components
This blended learning course combines web-based training on the Internet with a 5-day attendance course: To prepare for the attendance course, you will receive the web-based training course (WBT) "PLC Knowledge for Beginners". This allows you to improve your personal learning achievement in the attendance course.