The Totally Integrated Automation Portal (TIA Portal) provides the working environment for end-to-end engineering with SIMATIC STEP 7 and SIMATIC WinCC. The SCADA functionality (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) of WinCC is designed for visualization and operation of processes, manufacturing cycles, machines and plants.
In this course, we will show you the main differences between SIMATIC WinCC V7.x and SIMATIC WinCC based on the TIA Portal.
You will learn how to create a SIMATIC WinCC project in the SCADA area on the basis of the TIA Portal engineering platform.
In other words, you will practice how to create and dynamize the required interface. You will also be shown how to log messages and values and how to design and implement the appropriate logs. After learning how to use the system with confidence, you will be able to quickly and securely change over to the new SIMATIC WinCC software on the basis of the TIA portal.
The course content is supported by a host of practical exercises on a system model. This comprises the SIMATIC S7-300 programmable controller (PLC) and different human machine interfacing (HMI) stations.
After attending the course, you can do the following:
- Use SIMATIC WinCC efficiently and reliably on the basis of the "TIA Portal" engineering platform
- Recognize and use the advantages of SIMATIC WinCC on the basis of the TIA Portal.
- Understand and edit SIMATIC WinCC projects for use in the SCADA area
- Optimally structure the user interface
- Implement logging concepts for messages, alarms and measured values
- Selectively access values in the SIMATIC S7 and display and further process these values in the HMI system