The CPUs with integrated PROFINET interface have a web server. The web server gives you the option of monitoring your CPU via the internet or via the internal company intranet. This enables evaluation and diagnostics over great distances.
Messages and status data are displayed on HTML pages. You need a web browser to access the HTML pages.
The requirements below must be fulfilled in order to read out data on the module status, topology and the messages from the CPU via the web server.
- The "Report System Error" function must be configured. Then you save and compile the hardware configuration and download the configuration into the CPU.
- All the blocks required for the "Report System Error" function must be generated and downloaded into the CPU.
If the requirements are not fulfilled, the HTML pages are not displayed in the web browser. For example, the message "This page is not available" displayed in the web browser when you call the HTML page "Topology" to read out the topology via the web server of the CPU.
Configuration of the "Report System Error" function is done in the hardware configuration via the menu "Options > Report System Error". In the "Report System Error" dialog you click the "Generate" button to generate all the blocks required for the "Report System Error" function.
To make generating and updating the "Report System Error" function automatic you must open the object properties of the S7 station in the SIMATIC Manager. Select the "Settings" tab and enable the "Call during "Save and Compile"" function under "Report System Error".
- Information about the settings you must make in the TIA Portal so that the information about the module status, topology and messages can be read out over the CPUs web server and displayed on the HTML pages of the CPU is available in Entry ID 86294763.
- More information about the web server of the S7-300 CPUs is available in the manual in Entry ID: 12996906.
- More information about the web server of the S7-400 CPUs is available in the manual in Entry ID: 44444467.