In STEP 7 (TIA Portal) V11 there is no import/export function to transfer a symbol table from one project to another. However, you can copy the PLC tag table or individual symbols from one project to another. Open both projects and navigate in each project to "PLC_1[CPU...] > PLC Tags".
Proceed as follows to copy one or more tags from the symbol table of one project into the symbol table of a second project.
- Open the tag table in the project from which you wish to copy.
- Mark the tags you wish to copy in the table.
- Right-click the marking and select the "Copy" item in the pop-up menu.
- Switch to the second project and open the tag table into which you want to paste the copied tags.
- Right-click a free line in the tag table and select "Paste" in the pop-up menu.
- After the tags have been inserted in the table of the second project you must still check that there is no duplicate addressing. In this case you have to change the addressing accordingly.
- Save and compile the project.
Alternatively, you can copy the complete tag table from one project to another. For this you can use either the functions in the pop-up menu or the "drag-and-drop" function. If a tag table in the second project has the same name as the table you wish to insert, it is not overwritten. In this case the tag table to be inserted is renamed automatically. With this method you must also check to make sure that there is no duplicate addressing and if necessary, change the addressing in the tables.
You can also insert the symbols into another project by means of the libraries. Entry ID: 37855822 provides more information about how to insert a block with the symbols and addresses from the global library into a new project.