A free Service Pack (SP5) is now available for the Advance Process Library (APL) V7.1 + SP4 of SIMATIC PCS 7 V7.1 + SP2. However, SIMATIC PCS 7 V7.1 + SP2 will continue to be shipped with the Advanced Process Libary (APL) V7.1 + SP4. The Advanced Process Libary (APL) V7.1 + SP5 is available only for downloading from the Internet (see below).
Reason / benefits
The purpose of SP5 is to round off the spectrum of software blocks of the APL V7.1 and to integrate minor functional expansions into existing blocks. The new blocks and functions will harmonize and simplify the engineering and make it more effective. For repeated operator inputs within the scope of process controlling, not only the faceplate, but also the control window can be frozen on the screen.
The APL V7.1 + SP5 is particularly recommended for projects that will benefit from the new blocks and functions due to their technological and process control requirements.
What's new in APL V7.1 + SP5?
New software blocks
- ComAn02 block for comparing two analog input values
- Flipflop block
- RedAn02 block for 1-of-2 selection by means of signal status for redundant analog values
- RedDi02 block for 1-of-2 selection by means of signal status for redundant digital values
- SelD02In block for the selection from two digital values
- ShrdResS block for the coordination of multiple access, e.g. SFC/Batch, to equipment (valves, dosing feeders, pumps)
- TotalL block for the summation or integration of an analog input value
- XOr04 block for an exclusive OR function with up to four inputs
- "Small variants" for motor, valve, analog value and digital value monitoring block
- Expansion of the MotSpdL block by the switching modes "Switch on via speed 1" and "Switch off via speed 1"
- Feature bit parameterization of the DoseL block enables a selection between absolute and relative reference value input for the fine quantity in the faceplate.
- In the case of message-capable blocks the MsgLock input can be used to set the extent of message suppression via Feature bit parameterization. Now, all messages of a block can be suppressed.
- Output of a pulse at output P_Rst after resetting of a monitoring error, protective interlock (Protect), motor protection (Trip) or quick stop of the blocks Motxxxx, Vlvxxxx and DoseL
- The motor blocks Motxxxx and the motor valve VlvMotL can be reset via Feature bit parameterization even with active motor protection (Trip) or protective interlock (Protect).
- If there exists a global declaration for the measuring units in a project, the units at the corresponding inputs of the channel blocks PCS7AnIn, PCS7AnOut, FbAnIn and FbAnOut can be configured in "plain text".
- Attaching the control window simplifies repeated successive operator input (multiple operator input).
- The deadband can be set in the parameter view of the MonAnL.
- The designation for the current count value in CountScL can be determined via the attribute "s7_shortcut" at the output parameter Out.
- The ON/OFF commands of the CountOh and CountScL blocks can also be controlled directly via the block symbol (indication "counter runs").
The changes to the function blocks and faceplates are described in detail in the attached Readme files.
As from APL V7.1 + SP5 onwards, the user manual and online help system are not only available in German, English and Chinese, but also in French, Italian and Spanish.
- The APL V7.1 + SP5 is intended exclusively for SIMATIC PCS 7 V7.1 + SP2.
- The APL V7.1 + SP5 is not released for the SIMATIC PCS 7 V7.1 + SP2 system software in Chinese, which is supplied with the SIMATIC PCS 7 Data Medium Package ASIA V7.1 + SP2.
- The information concerning the APL provided in entry ID 35103990 is still applicable.
- Your previously purchased licenses remain valid.
- The APL upgrade to V7.1 + SP5 on the basis of SIMATIC PCS 7 V7.1 + SP2 with APL V7.1 + SP4, can be performed without stop of the AS or overall compilation of the OS.
- A precondition for the installation of APL V7.1 + SP5 is a prior installation of SIMATIC PCS 7 V7.1 + SP2 incl. APL V7.1 + SP4.
- The APL V7.1 + SP5 comprises the following two installation files:
- 01_Install_APL_V71_SP5.exe for installation on all Single Stations and Servers of the Engineering System (combined ES/OS stations and exclusive Engineering Stations)
- 02_Install_APL-Faceplate_V71_SP5.exe for installation on all stations of the Engineering System and Operator System (Single Stations, Server, Clients)
- Please copy the installation file to each respective station to a freely selectable target directory.
- Start the installation with a double-click of the installation file and follow the on-screen instructions provided in the course of the installation. The alternatives "Installation", "Updating", "Package" and "user-defined" are functionally identical in this context).
- Please also read the information in the attached readme files.
Installation files for APL V7.1 + SP5
01_Install_APL_V71_SP5.exe ( 153029 KB )
02_Install_APL-Faceplate_V71_SP5.exe ( 41593 KB )
APL_V71_SP5-liesmich.wri ( 148 KB ) (German)
APL_V71_SP5-readme.wri ( 151 KB ) (English)
APL Faceplate_V71_SP5_liesmich.wri ( 40 KB ) (German)
APL Faceplate_V71_SP5_readme.wri ( 43 KB ) (English)