How to upgrade the engineering tool Scout on PG/PC and afterwards to update the Simocrane scout-project?
Upgrade Simotion Scout:
Before you update Simotion Scout, please check if the SIMATIC Manager compatible with the new Scout version. On the installation CD/DVD there is the folder "compatibility". The information in this folder shows you the compatibility of the existing versions of Simatic and Scout at each window operating system. If the versions are compatible, you can update the Scout with the following steps.
- Save the project folder (C:\programms\.....\S7proj). Export your important projects with the XML function in Scout, after the update you can import these projects. Only with this export/import function it is sure that the projects are working with the new version.
- Deinstall Simotion Scout if necessary and restart the system.
- Deinstall the program „SIMOCRANE Basic Technology via Windows Start > Control Panel > Software if necessary also Sway Control. Please close all Scout and Step 7 programs.
- Install the new version of scout and restart the system.
- Install the Simocrane Basic Technology by running setup on the product-CD. (If needed install Sway Control Setup)
- Check the project folder of completeness and if needed import the exported projects.
Upgrade Simocrane Scout-project
The project to be upgraded has to be available as a XML file (create with the XML import/export function).
- Import the project to the new version of Scout. After the import there will be many error massages, because the Crane DCC-library has not been updated.
- delete the "Crane_DCC_Library" from the Libraries folder, if it is still there.
- Right-click to select "D435" and open the settings for "Select Technology Packages". Select the following technology packages:
- Afterwards Open a DCC chart (e.g. Gantd_1) then select Options > Block Types and delete all imported libraries from the chart by clicking the "<<" button. Then import all libraries installed in SCOUT by clicking the ">>" button.
- Save and compile the project. Now the project should be run without errors.