The "SIMATIC Diagnostics Tool" enables you to gather together diagnostics and system information.
The "SIMATIC Diagnostics Tool" acquires the information from a local computer and also from multiple computers by means of remote access over the network.
Scope of functions of the "SIMATIC Diagnostics Tool":
- Acquisition of diagnostics data.
- Acquisition of system data.
- Archiving of acquired information sorted according to computer in the ZIP format.
The tool has two components: "Settings Manager.exe" and "SIMATIC Diagnostics Tool.exe".
- The Settings Manager is used to configure the information to be acquired.
- Which diagnostics files?
- Which system information?
- From which computers is this information required?
- The Settings Manager creates a configuration file with the inputs.
Advantages of using the "SIMATIC Diagnostics Tool Edition 2011"
- You do not have to install the tool.
- You do not have to acquire the information manually from each computer; a "click" is all that is needed.
- The configuration files of the tool only have to be created once and can be used over again if the identical files have to be acquired at another point in time.
- You can generate the configuration files "offline" and then forward them to the staff on site. This saves having to make any further settings in the customer plant.
- The information from all the computers is available on one computer when the tool has completed its run.
New features in SDT2011
- Gathering of more diagnostics, for example, TIA Portal, .hdmp and .mdmp files, scalance information
- Support of 64-bit systems (see note below)
- User-specific profile types and comments
Operating system: Windows 2000, WinXP, Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2008 Server, Windows Vista
Attachment 1: SDT2011_3.zip ( 3952 KB )
The "SIMATIC Diagnostics Tool Edition 2012" is in Entry ID 65976201.
Basic configuration of the SIMATIC Diagnostics Tool
Instructions for the basic configuration
Basic_Config_SDT_en.pdf ( 444 KB )
Configuration files for local and remote stations
general-configs.zip ( 1 KB )
Note on McAfee Application Control
When using McAfee Application Control, the participating systems must be in Update mode.
This can be run from the central McAfee Server (ePO).
For configurations without a central server, you must make changes on the participating systems. For this, please get in touch with Technical Support.
Note on the Userdump Tool
In the case of 32-bit systems, you must copy the userdump.exe + dbghelp.dll files from the ...kktools\x86 folder into the ...\bin folder.
In the case of 64-bit systems, you must copy the userdump.exe + dbghelp.dll files from the ...kktools\x64 folder into the ...\bin folder.
Note on 64-bit systems
The project export function (reading out diagnostics data from STEP 7 projects and modules) is not available.
Log files, Log file, Diagnostics data, Hotline request, WinCC, PCS 7, Analysis, Troubleshooting, Diagnostics file