One connection resource is required in the S7-300 CPU for each of the following communication connections of the Industrial Ethernet CP.
|PG communication via S7 server
- Web diagnostics, for example for displaying the diagnostics buffer of the CPU
- Set time in CPU 318
- Applets, for example to read MLFB or status of the CPU
- Bacnet (read system status list (SSL))
- ERPC (read system status list (SSL))
|System connection via S7 server
- FTP server (read and write access to file DBs)
- FTP client (read and write access to file DBs)
- Applets (read and write access to CPU data)
- Bacnet (read and write access to CPU data)
- ERPC (read and write access to CPU data)
- FETCH and WRITE via SEND/RECEIVE connection
- PBC for OP multiplexer
If the FETCH / WRITE, PBC for multiplexer, FTP and Web diagnostics services are used simultaneously in the Industrial Ethernet, 4 connection resources of the S7-300 CPU are occupied.
An Industrial Ethernet CP can occupy, for example, a maximum of 4 connection resources in the S7-300 CPU; this one connection resource each for:
- PG communication via S7 server (TSAP=0x01)
- System connection via S7 server (TSAP=0x03)
- System connection SEND/RECEIVE (TSAP=0x03)
- System connection OP multiplexer (TSAP=0x03)
In the manual for the S7-300 CPUs under "Technical Details" you will find information about the maximum number of communications processors (CPs) that can be operated.
The manual of the S7-300 CPUs is available for downloading in Entry ID: 12996906.