The White Paper on the topic of Intel® Core™ 2 Duo with SIMATIC PCs explains various CPU technologies and technical terms. Among other things, it demonstrates the advantages of implementing SIMATIC PCs with Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processors in combination with the PLC software SIMATIC WinAC and the SIMATIC WinCC flexible visualization software.
- Setup and function of a multi-core processor (single-core and dual-core systems).
- Technical terms for Intel® Core™ 2 Duo.
- Explanation of technical terms like Wide Dynamic Execution, Advanced Smart Cache and Smart Memory Access.
- Operating modes of multi-core processors, asymmetric and symmetric multi-core processor systems, virtualization.
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processors in SIMATIC PCs.
- Overview of chip sets used, clock-pulse rates, power loss etc. for SIMATIC PCs.
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor technology with SIMATIC WinAC installation options for SIMATIC WinAC on SIMATIC PCs with Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processors (shared and dedicated mode).
- Performance comparisons for SIMATIC WinAC RTX and SIMATIC WinCC flexible on an Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor and a single-core processor:
- CPU load
- Update time
- Picture opening time
A detailed description is available in the "White Paper – SIMATIC PC with Intel® Core™2 Duo" at the following link: White_Paper