||The TS Adapter must be parameterized for the MD720-3 in order to set up a modem connection. The TS Adapter must be connected to the PC via a USB cable and the local connection must be set to direct connection (via USB).
- Open the PG/PC interface in the SIMATIC manager via "Options > Set PG/PC interface..." and set the access point "S7ONLINE (STEP 7)" for a connection to a TS Adapter I/II to the interface: "TS Adapter".
- Then click on the "Properties" button and choose the option field "Direct connection on:" in the "Local connection" tab.
- Choose "USB" from the drop-down list box.
- Save your settings in the PG/PC interface with OK.
||In the SIMATIC Manager, start the teleservice options package via "Options > Teleservice" and open the parameterization interface of the TS Adapter with "Options > Parameterize Adapter I/II...". The "Assign TS Adapter I/II Parameters" dialog opens.|
||In the "Serial parameters" tab, set the transmission rate to 19200 bit/s.
The GSM modem MD720-3 only works with the transmission rate of 19200 bit/s.
||In the "Info" tab, check the version status of the GSM modem. If the SINAUT GSM modem and the RS232 interface of the TS Adapter are connected to the RS232 cable, the version status of the GSM modem can be read as in Fig. 01.
You have to upgrade the firmware version if the GSM modem MD720-3 does not have at least the firmware version 1.7.3. More information on firmware updates for the SINAUT MD720-3 modem is available in Entry ID: 23067682.
If you just get a "TIMEOUT" on the above-mentioned info page, then check the cable and the transmission rate. Set the transmission rate to 19200 bit/s, save the parameterization and then wait approximately 10 seconds. Afterwards, you have to call the "Assign TS Adapter I/II Parameters" dialog again.
||Parameterize the TS Adapter in the "Network" tab with an address that has not yet been assigned in the network. The factory setting for the network address is 0 in the TS Adapter II. We recommend that you do not use the address 0, because PGs normally use the address 0 by default and so a conflict might arise when PGs are used.
- The MPI address entered in the TS Adapter II must be the same as the programmed MPI address (parameter "MPI_TS_ADAPTER" of the FB48) in the STEP 7 user program.
- The function block FB48 ("SMS_SEND") can only be used via the MPI interface of an S7 CPU.
- The application is not possible via the PROFIBUS interface of an S7 CPU.
||Change to the "Modem" tab. The initialization under "Modem Setting" should include the string "AT&FE1L1M1Q0V1&C1S0=1". Fig. 02 shows the initialization string without PIN transfer for the SIM card used in the GSM modem. The setting shown is the factory setting.
||In the "Access Protection" tab, you have the option to set up an access protection for a teleconnection. Activate the access protection by defining the password for a user and/or a call back number.|
||Save and the close the "Assign TS Adapter I/II Parameters" dialog with OK. The parameterization of the TS Adapter II for the SINAUT GSM modem MD720-3 is then complete. For further information on connecting and starting the GSM modem, see
- System manual GPRS/GSM modem SINAUT MD720-3
(Entry ID: 23117745).