The inputs "AUX_PR04" to "AUX_PR10" for SFC Type/SFC Instance can be used for associated values of the messages for SFC Type/SFC Instance. The associated values can be parameterized as actions in the sequencer or as interconnection on the block of the SFC instance.
An SFC chart does not permit you to configure process-associated values. The parameters "AUX_PRO4" to "AUX_PR10" are not available here.
Proceed as follows to transfer process-associated values via interconnection on the instance block.
||Show input parameters
- Open the object properties of the instance of an SFC type that you have inserted in the CFC chart.
- Open the "Connections" tab.
- Remove the selection for the parameters "AUX_PR04" to "AUX_PR10" in the "Hidden" column.
Fig. 01: Block connections "AUX_PR04" to "AUX_PR10"
||Interconnect block connections|
Pay attention to the points below when interconnecting.
- The parameters "AUX_PRO4" to "AUX_PR10" are of the "ANY" data type. Interconnection of the data types "BOOL, BYTE, WORD, DWORD, CHAR, INT, DINT, REAL, DATE, TOD, TIME, S5TIME, DATE_AND_TIME" is permitted.
- Do not leave any gaps at the inputs. If, for example, nothing is interconnected at "AUX_PR06", associated values are not transferred to "AUX_PR07" to "AUX_PR10".
- The maximum amount of data that can be transferred is limited toe 480 bytes. There is information available on this in the manual entitled "System software for S7-300/400 system and standard functions" in Entry ID: 44240604
Fig. 02: REAL process-associated values at the block input
||Configure message texts|
You can parameterize message texts on the block of the SFC instance or on the associated FB of the SFC type. The message texts on the FB apply for all instances. The message texts at the instance are individual whereby locked standard message texts cannot be changed.
The message-associated values are not displayed by default at the SFC faceplate because the columns "Process_value_1" to "Process_value_10" are hidden. Proceed as follows to display the associated values in the message text.
- Open the object properties of the SFC instance.
- In the "Special Properties" area you click the "Message..." button.
- Select a free signal (SIG2 to SIG8). You can set this signal via an action in the sequencer that is supposed to trigger an alarm message.
- Select an appropriate message class.
- Enter the desired message text in the "Event" column. For the associated value you enter the format instruction "@4%3.2f@", for example:
More information on the configuration of the format instruction is available in Entry ID: 25158897.
- 4 stands for the associated value "AUX_PR04".
- 3.2 stands for 3 places before and 2 places after the decimal point.
- f stands for a floating point number.
Fig. 03: Message configuration on the SFC instance
||Compile and download AS/OS|
Compile and download the AS program. In the case of a delta download the message-associated values are transmitted only after a STOP/RUN transition. Alternatively, you can do a complete download.
To avoid an AS STOP you can load the instance DB of the SFC instance in the AS program after the delta load.
- Determine the instance DB of the SFC instance (object properties).
- Open the Online view of the AS program.
- Copy the corresponding DB from the Offline view into the Online view.
Compile and load the changes of the OS.
||Display of messages on the OS|
After the message is triggered it is displayed in the Message view of the SFC faceplate and in the alarm message system of PCS 7.
The pictures in this FAQ were created with PCS 7 V7.1 SP1.