A simple possibility for an evaluation of the diagnosis of distributed I/O modules in connection with SIMATIC S7 is needed. The diagnostics evaluation is done both for PROFIBUS DP master systems and also for PROFINET IO systems.
In order to simplify the evaluation of the diagnosis of distributed I/O modules in connection with S7 SIMATIC, the diagnostic package PNIODiag was created. The diagnostics evaluation is done both for PROFIBUS DP master systems and also for PROFINET IO systems. The diagnostic package PNIODiag follows the acknowledged PROFINET IO specification and thus supports the functions Shared Device and I-Device.
- The diagnostic package PNIODiag replaces the frequently used function block F125 "DP_DIA" uand the corresponding visualization. FB125 (incl. visualization) is not compatible with the diagnostic package PNIODiag regarding interface and function. The discontinuation of the FB125 occurred as of 01.01.2008.
- Please do not mix up the diagnostic package PNIODiag with the function “Report System Error”. These are two different diagnostic functions. At the following entry ID, you will find further information about the function "Report System Error" and about the diagnostic package PNIODiag: 17858394.
- When there is a change from a previous version to the current version, the S7 blocks, and the visualizations must be replaced. A mixed application can lead to errors!
Components of the diagnostic package PNIODiag
The diagnostic package PNIODiag is available to you as a set-up with all the required components. It consists of the following components:
- Function Block FB126
- Online help
This documentation explains the structure of the data of the system and station diagnosis in the two data blocks in the diagnostic package PNIODiag, which allows you to evaluate and process the system and station statuses in the user program, the diagnostic package PNIO determines and displays in the visualization.
Function Block FB126
In this documentation, you will find information about which modules you can use with the FB126. The FB126 is available in two variants:
- S7 block for CPUs with a storage capacity for S7 blocks of > 16 kbyte
- S7 block for CPUs with a storage capacity for S7 blocks of <= 16 kbyte
The operation and evaluation of the diagnostic is done entirely by means of the visualization. The current diagnostic package PNIODiag contains a visualization for WinCC flexible 2008 SP1. The visualization for WinCC flexible 2008 SP1 supports the languages German and English.
Moreover, there are various visualizations for WinCC V7.0. Differentiation occurs by number of monitored I/O systems (1 – 4). Expansion by further I/O systems is possible.
Please refer to the help for the procedure.
Suitable for FB126 and for visualization, an online help was generated. It is available in German and English. Depending on language set in STEP 7, the display of the online help is in German or English.
FB126 provides the following functions for you:
- Overview of the statuses of the connected I/O systems
- Overview of the station statuses of an I/O system
- Diagnostic display for the Diagnostic Repeater
- Detailed display of the station status
- Deactivating / activating stations
- Triggering diagnostic events of a station
- Event memory
A detailed description of the functions is available in the online help.
|Contents of the downloads
|Diagnostic package PNIODiag V1.8.2
with visualization WinCC flexible and visualization WinCC
Evaluation of the System and Station Diagnosis with Diagnostic Package PNIODiag
Notes on security
The functions and solutions described in this entry are mainly limited to the realization of the automation task. In addition, please note that suitable security measures in compliance with the applicable Industrial Security standards must be taken, if your system is interconnected with other parts of the plant, the company’s network or the Internet. More information can be found under entry ID 50203404.