You can edit the WinCC archive tag parameters individually for each archive tag in the Tag Logging editor. Using the smart tool "WinCC Configuration Tool" you can read the Tag Logging configuration into Microsoft Excel, edit the archive parameters in Excel and then write the changes back to WinCC. Using the "WinCC Configuration Tool" you can also create new archive tags or delete existing archive tags.
If the "WinCC Configuration Tool" is not available, you have the alternative of using the presetting for an archive tag to preset the archive parameters when creating a new archive tag. The presetting for a process tag is not valid separately for a single archive, but for all archives. The archive tags to be created can be divided into groups with identical archive parameters. You can assign archive tags with identical archive parameters to the same archive tag group. You can only ever preset the archive parameters of one archive tag group and then create all the archive tags of that group at once. You then have to repeat this procedure for each archive tag group.
- The requirement is that configuration of the WinCC tags to be archive is completed in the Tag Management.
- From the names of the WinCC tags you can derive the main archive parameters (acquisition and archiving cycle, actual value, mean value and maximum value):
- All process tags of the Pressure or Flow rate type should be acquired every second and the mean value archived every 10 seconds.
- All other process variables (e.g. temperature, levels, pH values ...) should be acquired every 10 seconds and a mean value archived every 60 seconds.
The following table describes the basic procedure for creating archive tags.
||Define presettings for archive tags|
In the Tag Logging editor you right-click "Archives" and then in the pop-up menu that opens you select "Pre-Settings > Analog Tag".
The "Default values for process tag" dialog opens. Here you can specify the parameters that are to be used as presettings when creating a new tag.
Enter the archive parameters for the process tags of the type Pressure and Flow rate, e.g.:
- Acquisition type = cyclic continuous
- Acquisition = 1 second
- Archiving/display = 10 * 1 second
- Processing = Mean value
Click the "OK" button to quit the dialog.
||Create archive tags|
Now create all the archive tags whose archive parameters are identical with the presetting.
It is recommended to create a separate archive for each group of archive tags to be created.
- Create a process value archive called "PFAST", for example.
- In the pop-up menu of the process value archive "PFAST" you select the "New Tag..." entry.
- The tag selection dialog opens. In the tree you select the entry "List of all tags". In the "Filter" field you enter a filter criterion that permits you to acquire all the process tags of a group. Mark all the process tags that are relevant for archiving.
Quit the tag selection dialog with the "OK" button. This then creates the selected archive tags.
- Repeat the tag selection procedure until you have created all the tags of the archive tag group.
||Repeat Steps 1 and 2|
Repeat Steps 1 and 2 until you have created all the archive tags for each archive tag group.
The steps are practically identical to the previous steps. The only differences are in Presettings and Archive names and in the Selection of archive tags.