WinCC flexible can be used to send e-mails from a Windows CE panel or PC. This involves defining some settings in the Engineering Software:
- Name of the SMTP server
- Name of the SMTP sender (as from WinCC flexible 2005)
- SMTP authentication (depending on the provider of the SMTP server):
- Authentication via a valid e-mail address (as from WinCC flexible 2005)
- Authentication via user name and ID (as from WinCC flexible 2008 SP1)
- In order to initiate this, you need to configure the system function "Send e-mail" or an alarm class with the e-mail address of the recipient.
- SSL connection (optional as from WinCC flexible 2008 SP1)
Fig. 01- as from WinCC flexible 2005
Fig. 02- as from WinCC flexible 2008
- The "Sm@rtService" option is required to implement this. All panels as from the 170 series with Ethernet interface - except Basic Panels - support the sending of e-mails.
- If error message 70033 "No connection to the SMTP server or authentication not possible." appears in the alarm window of the Windows CE panel, check the following settings.
Check the settings for the SMTP server
- in your WinCC flexible project under "Device Settings > Services in Runtime > Name of the SMTP Server".
- in the option "Device Settings > Services in Runtime > SMTP Authentication".
as from WinCC flexible 2004:
Authentication is not supported.
as from WinCC flexible 2005:
If the e-mail service involves authentication with a provider, a valid e-mail address, e.g. "John.Doe@gmx.net", must be registered under "SMTP Authentication". For this authentication, you do not need a user name and password!
as from WinCC flexible 2008 SP1:
If an SMTP authentication with user name and password is necessary, you must enter a valid user name and the associated password.
Check with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) whether you need a valid e-mail address in addition.
- on your Windows CE panel in "Control Panel > Internet Settings > E-mail > SMTP Server". From Windows CE 5.0 you will find the settings under "Control Panel > WinCC Internet Settings > E-mail > SMTP Server".
It should be noted here that in the case of a Windows CE panel, the SMTP server may only be specified in the form of the computer name or FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name).
If necessary, check in your firewall settings...
- whether the port for the e-mail service is released. More information on the ports used by WinCC flexible is available in Entry ID: 24534065.
If the IP address is used instead of the computer name for the SMTP server on a Windows CE panel, the panel interprets the IP address as the computer name of the SMTP server and attempts to resolve it. This prompts the system message described above.
In the case of a PC with WinCC flexible RT, by contrast, both the computer name or FQDN and the IP address of the SMTP server are used.
- The e-mail settings can also be defined on the operator panel in "Control Panel > WinCC Internet Settings / "E-mail" tab.
Please note that settings on the panel or PC override settings in the project. Therefore, if the settings on the panel or PC are deleted, the defaults configured in the WinCC flexible project apply!
Fig. 03 - as from WinCC flexible 2005
Fig. 04 - as from WinCC flexible 2008 SP1
- Also refer to the entry on "Configuration - Internet Settings" in Entry ID 18982110.
From WinCC flexible 2005 the icon is called "WinCC Internet Settings" and the corresponding settings menu is called "WinCC flexible Internet Settings".
Send e-mail, Error message, E-mail, E-mail service, SMTP = Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, SSL = Secure Soket Layer