What do I have to observe when coupling a Operator Panel to a WinAC
Basis/WinAC RTX V4.0?
In the following entry you find an instruction to couple a OP via
PROFIBUS to a WinAC RTX V4.0. The procedure for a WinAC Basis is
- MS Windows 2000 SP3 or MS Windows XP SP1
- as per WinAC Basis V4.0or RTX V4.0
- ProTool V6.0 SP2
- as per SIMATIC NET V6.0 SP5 or V6.1
- as per STEP 7 V5.2
A description of the coupling of a OP to a
WinAC RTX V3.0 you find in Entry-ID: 9868440.
Configuring SIMATIC PC Station with WinAC RTX V4.0
- Open SIMATIC Manager and design a new STEP 7 project.
- Insert a PC station via "Insert > Station > SIMATIC PC
Station" into the project.
- Double click on "Configuration" opens the hardware
configuration of the PC station.
Fig. 1: Inserting PC-Station in STEP 7 Project
- Set the respective WinLC - e. g. WinLC RTX V4.0 (from hardware
catalog "SIMATIC PC Station > Controller" ) - in the rack of the
PC-Station to index 2.
- Insert the CP5613 as IF module of the WinLC RTX.
WinLC RTX can only be run with the
Fig. 2: Inserting WinLC and CP5613
- Save and compile the configuration.
- Then open station configuration editor on the WinAC
- The table of the station configuration editor must match
exactly the assignments of the rack of the SIMATIC
In the station configuration editor the IF
module will be inserted in the property dialog of the WinLC RTX.
For this the CP5613 must be in the configured
- Start the WinAC controller on the WinAC PC.
- In order to be able to load the configuration on the WinAC, the
name of the PC-Station in SIMATIC Manager must match the name of
the station in the station configuration editor on the WinAC
Fig. 3: Station Configuration Editor
- Furthermore, on the STEP 7 configuration PC the PG/PC interface
must be adapted to the respective mode of transmission (here:
S7ONLINE (STEP 7) --> CP5613_CP5614 (PROFIBUS)).
- Load the STEP 7 project into theWinLC.
Further information on transfering the STEP 7
project onto the WinAC you find in Entry-ID:
Configuring of SIMATIC OP
- Add an OP to your STEP 7 project via "Insert > Station >
ProTool must be started with the option (STEP
7-integrated) as to edit the OP project in SIMATIC
Fig. 4: Inserting SIMATIC OP
- Set up a ProTool project with the project wizard - e. g.
for the OP7.
- Then select "Control" and open by couble clicking the property
dialog for coupling of the OP to the WinAC.
- For a coupling between the WinLC and a OP, the protocol
"SIMATIC S7-300/400 V6.0" is recommended. Select this protocol and
The protocol "SIMATIC S7 - WinAC V6.0" is no
longer recommended for the coupling of a OP to the WinAC. If you
use this protocol please note restrictions such as no support of
Fig. 5: Setting the Control Protocol
- Connect the OP7 with PROFIBUS and choose the WinLC RTX program
as communication partner.
Fig. 6: Conneting the OP with Control
Terminate the dialog with "OK" as to end the configuration.
WinCE, OP7, OP17, OP27, TP27, OP37, TP37,
TP170, OP170, TP270, OP270, MP270, MP370, PC, Communication,
Soft-SPS, ProTool/Pro Runtime, ProTool/Lite