There are several ways of sending data (diagnostic files, projects, etc.), which is required for processing your request, to Technical Support.
- Sending data volumes of less than 10 MB by e-mail
- Sending larger volumes of data by data carrier (by post)
- Data transfer via the Siemens FTP server
In the case of all three options, you should bear the following points in mind:
- Compress the file(s) in a conventional format (ZIP, for example).
- If possible, password-protect the archive in order to prevent misuse.
- Note that the archive file name may not contain any blank spaces or any special national characters (ä, ö, ü, etc.).
If you send your data by e-mail, you do not need to make any further arrangements with Technical Support. Otherwise, please contact the relevant person at Technical Support before sending the data.
Fig. 1: Options for data transfer to and from Technical Support
1. Sending data volumes of less than 10 MB by e-mail
If you have already submitted a request to Technical Support and would like to send more data, reply to the opening e-mail which you had received from Technical Support. Attach the data to this e-mail and, where necessary, add a description of the content.
If you have not submitted a request to Technical Support yet, you can send your request and the data to Technical Support through the following website page.
Complete all the details on the form. Once you have submitted the support request, a request procedure is opened with Technical Support.
2. Sending larger volumes of data by data carrier
If your project is bigger than 10 MB, you can save it on a data carrier and send it to this address:
DF CS SD CCC TS
FAO Mr./Ms. ...
Service request number: 1-...
Please do not use this option until you have submitted a request and made an arrangement with the Technical Support operator.
3. Data transfer via the Siemens FTP server
As an alternative to posting, you can also transfer large volumes of data via an FTP server.
Please discuss the procedure and the requisite details with the Technical Support operator.
Configuration, Code, Program