Proceed as follows if you want to operate a DP slave temporarily on a PROFIBUS DP network or want to implement this DP slave flexibly at different points of a DP master system.
- Configure the slave as usual in the STEP 7 Hardware Configuration.
- When disabling, it is irrelevant whether the DP slave is connected to the PROFIBUS during the job or is not on the bus.
- If you wish to disconnect the slave, then you disable it by calling the system function SFC12 "D_ACT_DP".
A sample program for enabling and disabling DP slaves is available in Entry ID: 5608020.
- Reconnect the slave and enable it again via the system function SFC12 "D_ACT_DP".
- If the DP slave is at the end of the line, refer to the appropriate information in Entry ID: 2157453.