Can I directly access a WinAC MP with a ProTool/Pro PC-Runtime via
Yes, the transfer of WinAC MP data to a ProTool/Pro PC-Runtime via
Ethernet is possible. The essential configuration steps are
described in the following.
- MP370 12"
- Cross-over network cable
- MPI cable
- STEP 7 starting with version 5.1 SP2
- ProTool/Pro starting with version 6.0 SP2
- ProSave starting with version 6.0 (Transfer and licencing the
WinAC MP on the MP370)
- SIMATIC NET starting with CD 05/2000
- WinAC MP starting with version 3.0
Settings for the MP370
- Open the "Control Panel" and doubleclick on
- Select the appropriate network card driver from the list
and click on "Properties".
In this example, the onboard ethernet interface with the
appropriate driver is used.
- Determine the IP address and subnet mask for the MP370 (e.g.
IP: 18.104.22.168 subnet mask: 255.255.255.0).
- Close the dialog with mit OK and restart the MP370.
Configuration of the WinAC MP with the SIMATIC
- In the SIMATIC Manager, insert a PC station with the name
Figure 1: Inserting a PC station
- Open the hardware configuration with
- Insert a PC station in the rack WinLC and an IE
Figure 2: WinLC and IE General
- Network your WinLC with MPI bus and with PROFIBUS DP, if
Figure 3: MPI
- In "Properties", network the IE Allgemein with
Figure 4: IE General
- Mark the option "Set MAC address / use ISO protocol". On
the MP370, start the MS-DOS command window ("Start > Programs
> Command Prompt") and with the command "ipconfig
/all", get the MAC address of the device (MAC address =
Address = 0 8 6a 6 8f e3). For the
one-digit numbers, add a leading zero and accept the MAC
Figure 5: IE General parameter
- Enter a unique IP address with the appropriate subnet mask
(e.g. IP: 22.214.171.124 subnet mask: 255.255.255.0) and close the
dialog with "OK".
IP address and subnet mask have to match the settings in the
- In parameter assignment, enter "S7ONLINE".
Figure 6: Assignment
- Save and translate your hardware configuration.
- Connect the MP370 with integrated WinAC MP via MPI with the
configuration computer and transfer your configuration to the
- Complete your configuration with a a S7 program and transfer it
to to the WinAC MP.
Settings in the ProTool/Pro PC project
- Create a PC project.
- Accept the OP connection as shown in the following
Figure 7: OP
connection ( 18 KB )
As protocol, please select "SIMATIC S7 300/400
- Complete your configuration with images, variables,...
Settings on the PC
- In the Network properties of your PC, please adjust the
appropriate IP address and subnet mask which you have already
entered in the OP Parameter.
Figure 8: Network properties
- Navigate to "Set PG/PC Interface".
- Set the access point of the application to S7ONLINE
->TCP/IP ->"network card used".
Figure 9: Setting the PG/PC interface
Remove the checkmark for "Fast Acknowledge"
Figure 10: Fast Acknowledge
- After your PC project has been completely configured, start the
ProTool/Pro Runtime on your PC.