Clock synchronicity with PROFIBUS DP is used to establish a direct connection between the equidistant DP cycle, the IO modules and the user program.
The following SIMATIC components support clock-synchronized operation:
- S7-300 CPUs
- CPU 315(F)-2 DP and CPU 317(F)-2 DP as DP Master with FW V3.0 onwards
- CPU 315(F)-2 PN/DP and CPU317(F)-2 PN/DP as DP Master with FW V2.5 onwards
- CPU 319(F)-3 PN/DP as DP Master with FW V2.4 onwards
- CPU 315T-2 DP, CPU 317T-2 DP and CPU 317TF-2 DP as DP Master with FW V2.7.2 onwards
- CPU 315T-3 PN/DP, CPU 317T-3 PN/DP and CPU 317TF-3 PN/DP as DP Master
- S7-400 Standard and S7-400F CPUs as DP masters with FW 3.1 onwards
- ET 200pro PN/DP CPUs
- IM 154-8 PN/DP CPU as DP Master with FW V2.5 onwards
- IM 154-8F PN/DP CPU as DP Master with FW V3.2 onwards
- IM 154-8FX PN/DP CPU as DP Master with FW V3.2 onwards
- S7-1500 CPUs
- CPU 1516(F)-3 PN/DP
- CPU 1517(F)-3 PN/DP
- CPU 1518(F)-4 PN/DP
- ET 200M with selected modules
- ET 200S with selected modules
- Repeaters and diagnostics repeaters
Only the internal DP interfaces of the CPUs can be used for clock-synchronized communication on the PROFIBUS DP.
STEP 7 V5.2 or higher is required for configuration purposes.
The clock synchronicity is also supported by the complete product group "SIMODRIVE 611U", "SINAMICS" and "MASTERDRIVE MC".
The following are required in order to configure the drives: Drive ES Basic V5.2 or higher, STEP 7 V5.2 or higher and one of the CPUs mentioned above.
You can find a list with the precise designations of the SIMATIC modules, which support clock-synchronized operation, in the manual SIMATIC Clock Synchronicity in subsection 2.2.1 of Entry ID 15218045
More information about which modules support clock synchronicity on the PROFINET IO is available in Entry IDs 44383954 and 102325771.
Constant bus cycle time, Compatibility list