If you copy ActiveX controls onto your PC, you have to make them known in Windows.
Registering ActiveX controls in Windows
- Copy the ActiveX control (OCX name.OCX or Name.DLL, in which the ActiveX control is contained) into the directory that you have chosen for this purpose.
- Register the ActiveX objects with the command RegSvr32.exe. For this you click "Start > Run" and then enter the following, for example:
- Press "ENTER" for transfer and the name and path of the ActiveX control is entered into the registration database of Windows.
Incorporating an ActiveX control into ProTool/Pro
- Create a new picture in your PC project.
- At the bottom edge of the picture is an icon bar (with I/O field, button …). Right-click this and select the menu "Picture elements...".
- A window opens in which all the registered ActiveX controls of the PC are listed. Set a check mark next to the ActiveX control that is to be incorporated and click "OK".
- A button has now been added to the icon bar, via which you can insert the ActiveX control into the picture.
- The use of ActiveX controls from other providers can lead to errors (e.g. "memory munchers", performance deterioration, system blockages). The user of the software is liable for any problems when using other ActiveX controls. We recommend that you make thorough tests before implementing other Active X controls.
- Siemens assumes no guarantee whatsoever for the operation of Active X controls without any conflicts.
- More information on ActiveX controls and their integration in ProTool is available in Entry ID: 15247601