How can I configure a communication connection between a panel and
an S7 300/400 controller?
Connecting a panel to a PROFIBUS/MPI network cannot be done via the
STEP 7 hardware configuration as is the case with other bus users.
The panel is configured in ProTool itself. Here, ProTool must be
installed with the option "STEP 7 integrated" and the ProTool
project must be created in the SIMATIC Manager.
Configuring in ProTool:
- In ProTool select "Controllers" (1.) and double-click
Fig. 1: ProTool
controllers ( 18 KB )
- Specify a Name (1.), select the "Driver" that
your controller works with (e.g. SIMATIC S7-300/400 V6.0) (2.) and
then click "Parameters…" (3.).
Fig. 2: Selecting the controller
- Connect the panel to the network connected (e.g. MPI)
- Define the OP parameters such as Address, Interface, ...
- Select the communication peer (CPU) with which the panel is to
Fig. 3: Connecting the OP to the network
Only the bus systems networked in the STEP 7 hardware
configuration can be used for connecting the panel.
Settings in the hardware configuration of the CPU in STEP 7.
Fig. 4: STEP 7 hardware configuration
- Close the dialogs with "OK".
The configuration is now complete. You can use "NetPro" to check
the connection of the panel to the network set.