How can I use the serial ports as of COM3 for serial project
transfer with ProTool?
In the ProTool configuration software you can only select COM1 or
COM2 in the transfer settings for serial transfer. The ports as of
COM3 cannot be selected in ProTool.
Fig. 1: Transfer settings for serial transfer
There is a possibility of selecting the
numbering of the COM ports of your PC yourself, i.e. you can
configure the COM port (e.g. COM3) provided for the ProTool project
transfer as COM1 or COM2.
- Via the Windows Start menu you start "Control Panel >
- Switch to the "Hardware" tab and click the "Device
- Select the COM3 port, for example, via "Ports (COM
- Open the Properties of the port with a
- Select the "Port Settings" tab and click on
- In "COM Port Number" you can change the number of the
COM port to COM1 or COM2.
Fig. 2: Defining the COM port name