Why can’t I change the address of my field device?
You are using a PROFIBUS DP device or a PROFIBUS PA device and in PDM want to change the address of your field device via the function "Assign Address" (Menu > Device > Assign Address).
Changing the address depends on different factors:
- In cyclic mode it is not permissible to change the address by definition. However, this function is not implemented in all devices.
Before changing the address load the HW configuration with the changed address into your CPU. Upon restart the device is no longer on the parameterized address and thus no longer in the cyclic mode. Now it is possible to change the address.
- The device must be able to manage address on the software side.
- Devices that can manage the addresses from the hardware and software side must be set to software-side management. This setting can be changed by a parameter or via a DIP switch. Information on this is available in your field device documentation.
- The DD (Device Description) must support changing of addresses. If the DD does not support this function, then the entry "Assign Address" is missing from the PDM menu item "Device".
- The CP 443-5 EXT does not support the "GetSlaveAddress" service required for changing addresses. This is why DP slaves that are directly on the DP segment of the CP cannot be reparameterized. Changing the address of a PA field device behind a standalone DP/PA coupler is also not possible. (It is possible to change the address behind a DP/PA link with DP/PA coupler).
Here you can only change the address only from the PG/PC via CPs 5611 and 5613 with direct connection to this DP segment.
With SIMOCODE DP, the address is changed via a special path. This makes it possible to also change the address through the CP 443-5.