This firmware version V3.11 upgrades the CP 443-1 to Release 9.
with MLFB 6GK7443-1BX00-0XE0 as of and including Release 6
The following cannot be upgraded:
with MLFB 6GK7443-1BX01-0XE0 (here you need different firmware, see Entry ID: 927488)
with MLFB 6GK7443-1BX00-0XE0 up to and including release 5
The CP 443-1 contains the following major changes:
- CP can be reached via PG channel routing as end point for PG bus functions.
- Sporadic CP blockage with S7 connections cleared.
Upgrading existing modules
Only the modules described above can be upgraded with the firmware V 3.11.
Modules with the MLFB 6GK7443-1BX01-0XE0 cannot be upgraded.
The upgrade is done as follows:
PG or PC with STEP7 V3.2 or higher
+ NCM S7 for Industrial Ethernet V3.2 or higher
+ S7-1413 Win95/98/NT or SOFTNET S7 for Windows 95/98/NT with standard Ethernet card (CP 1411, CP 1511)
Set the online interface of the PG to ISO. In order to be able to do this you must have installed SOFTNET S7. All CPs that are connected to the LAN and communicate with the CP443-1 to be loaded must be set to STOP. Before loading, carefully note the MAC addresses of the modules to be loaded.
Starting the firmware loader:
- Win Start bar -> Simatic -> NCM S7 IE -> Firmware loader
- With Browse... set Load File
- Press Download
- Set MAC address
- Press OK
- Press Start
Process takes about 1 minute.
If the loading process terminates with an error (all LEDs out on CP), then:
- Switch power off/on at AS400.
- Repeat firmware loading process. If the CP reacts to the loading start, but loading doesn't terminate correctly, there might be double addressing on the LAN or high LAN load.
- If the CP doesn't react to repeated firmware loading, then repeat with the MAC address: 00.AF.FE.AF.FE.00.
Warning: if the load file has been loaded into a different CP type, because an incorrect MAC address was set, then the CP concerned must be upgraded by the repair service.
Identifying the release:
Please change the release of the module to A9. There is a label on the front of the module indicating the current release. The actual release is marked by the last crossed digit. Cross Release 9 accordingly after upgrading. This ensures that your system documentation is up to date and uniform.
We recommend using labels which you can obtain free of charge via the Internet. This permits you to simply and clearly mark the release. We have one request to make of you: tell us briefly the environment in which you are implementing our products. We will then show our gratitude by sending you the label sheets free of charge.
Firmware update for older CP 443-1
Fw443BX00V311.exe (165 KB)