The manual "SIMATIC PROFINET System Description" includes instructions for configuring an I device in STEP 7 and is available for downloading in Entry ID: 19292127.
There are basically two different aspects to be observed when configuring:
- Creation of the I device
- Utilization of the I device
The section "Configuring an I Device in STEP 7" provides information about creating and utilizing an I device.
Creation of the I device
You must follow the steps below to create an I device.
- Configure the I device with central and/or distributed IO modules
- Parameterize the PROFINET interface of the I device
- Configure the transfer areas of the I device
- Generate the GSD file
Utilization of the I device
You must follow the steps below to utilize the I device on a PROFINET IO controller.
- Install the GSD file
- Configure the higher-level IO controller
- Parameterize the PROFINET interface of the higher-level IO controller with central and distributed IO modules
- Configure the I device on the IO system of the higher-level controller
- Program the user programs
Changing the name of the I device
If you have configured the higher-level IO controller and the I device in the same STEP 7 project, then STEP 7 changes the set device name when you add the I device to the IO system of the higher-level IO controller.
Change the name of the I device in the hardware configuration of the IO controller so that the IO controller addresses the I device with the correct name and communication functions. Double-click the I device to open the Properties dialog.
In the Properties dialog of the I device you enter the device name that you defined in the hardware configuration of the I device.