Why does the message indicator remain displayed even though the
counter is at zero?
Fig. 1: Message indicator (Meldeindikator) and counter
The message indicator indicates that there are alarm messages to
be viewed or acknowledged. The message indicator is displayed
whenever an alarm message arrives.
The message indicator has two states:
- Flashing: as soon as at least one unacknowledged message is
- Static: when all alarm messages have been acknowledged, but at
least one of them has not yet gone.
- Counts up one for each alarm message that arrives
- Counts down one for each alarm message that goes
- Is zero when all the errors messages arrived have gone
The message indicator disappears when all alarm messages arrived
have been acknowledged and gone again.
This property means that the message indicator with a counter
state of "zero" can be displayed if a message has arrived,
gone, but has not yet been acknowledged.
Message configuration, Message concept