In WinCC flexible (from WinCC flexible 2005), it is possible to save the current project also in the format of earlier versions of WinCC flexible. Libraries can also be saved in the format of earlier versions.
- You have opened a project in the current version of WinCC flexible.
- You have installed the "Support "Save as version"" component (only necessary as from WinCC flexible 2008).
In the "Project" menu you select the "Save as version" command. In the dialog that opens you select the storage location, project name and version into which you wish to convert the project. Then you confirm with the "Save" button.
You can also save libraries in the format of earlier versions. For this you right-click the library and select the appropriate dialog via the path "Library...> Save as version...". In this dialog you select the storage location, library name and version into which you wish to convert the project. Then you confirm with the "Save" button.
- In Windows Vista it is not possible to save projects / libraries in the format of an earlier version of WinCC flexible, because the MSDE (Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine) is not available for Windows Vista.
- If you save a WinCC flexible project / library from the current version in the format of an earlier version of WinCC flexible, there might be differences in the appearance and function of some objects.
- Note that you can only save the configuration by one version lower (V-1) than the project file.
Sometimes a Service Pack is considered to be a separate version. For example, in WinCC flexible 2007 it is only possible save as version WinCC flexible 2005 SP1.
More information on handling the different versions of WinCC flexible is available in Entry ID: 28531852.