This FAQ is valid only for the configuration of Storage on the server and standalone computer. Please check the settings before starting up Storage:
- You must be logged on to the computer with Administrator rights.
- A Storage license must be installed on the WinCC computer.
The following example is based on the following situation:
- The computer name is WINCC_STATION (please set the name of your computer at the appropriate points).
- WinCC Storage should archive the data on drive F: in the STORAGE_ARCHIV.
- As drive F: it is recommended to take a hard disk drive, ZIP drive, JAZ drive or MOD drive (CD burners do not work or are not recommended).
Starting up by steps:
- Drive F: is displayed in the Windows Explorer.
- Create the subdirectory STORAGE_ARCHIV on drive F:.
- Share the F:\STORAGE_ARCHIV. The Share name is STORAGE_ARCHIV_SHARE
- In the Windows Explorer you select the function "Connect new drive"
=> The free drive letter is H:
=> Enter the following as path:
=> The checkbox for "Reconnect At Start-up" must be selected.
- Start WinCC (Note: the project must not be RT).
- Add the following to the startup list of the project: ArchSRV.EXE (Note: you must not specify a path).
- Check the Tag Logging or Alarm Logging. Make sure that you use sequential archives or continuous archives, because Storage doesn't work with short-term archives.
- Start WinCC Runtime.
- Please wait a few minutes (the Storage ArchSRV needs a bit of time to become active).
- Start the Storage configuration: run START: archiv.exe
Note: please do NOT start Storage via WinCC Storage->Open. The WinCC Online Help also contains a description of how you can start archiv.exe via a button.
- In the Storage configuration dialog you should now see "Ready", "Connection setup" in the status displays.
Note: if the status displays "Server is not running" or "No connection to server" are shown, then close the Storage configuration dialog and repeat Step 9 onwards.
- You are in the Storage Configuration tab.
- Please select the repeat cycle and the action (archive).
- For the archiving drive, the following name appears: \\WINCC_STATION\STORAGE_ARCHIV_SHARE
Select this name (do not enter anything via the keyboard; there is no need for drive letters here).
- Press the "Apply" button.
- Change to the "Data Carrier" tab.
- Press the "Create archive data carrier" button.
- Press the "Apply" button.
Please note the following special case:
- Storage settings in the case of two redundant computers with project duplicator: Entry ID: 1623949
- Storage with redundant servers: Entry ID: 1623949
- The archiving drive used by Storage has to be available to Storage exclusively. Here the archiving drive is not a physical drive but is a logical drive released via sharenames (see also Entry ID10518568).
For the diagnostics of Storage, you can also use the monitor.exe program (via START > Run…) in addition to the Log Files (WinCC installation path:..\siemens\WinCC\diagnose). Using Storage, you can import archived data again only into the RT database from which you originally exported it. This is why it is recommended to run a project backup of the complete project from time to time (at least of the RT database, the project database, the MCP file and of the LOG files in the project directory). The WinCC Online Help also contains important information on all these points (e.g. WinCC Online Help V5 SP2).
Data backup, Options package